blog post of a blog post from How Sweet it Is, but with one little twist of a recipe. These S'mores Cakes were a HUGE dinner party hit for me a couple weeks ago. Just look at this photo...need I say more? Placing various food in jars has become quite the trend because it looks so darn pretty and yet has a homey, down-to-earth feel, but there are some practical reasons, too:
- You can transport liquids and salads and other fun things for lunch and to parties without spillage.
- If you don't finish what you eat, you can twist the lid on the jar and it will keep better in the fridge than other methods.
- The transparency shows off all of your hard work.
- No messy crumbs on the floor or cupcake papers left over at your get-together.
- You can individualize each serving to allow for food allergies or vegan/vegetarian friends.