Rosemary-Infused Strawberry Mimosa Jelly
1 mounding cup of strawberries
3 cups sparkling white wine
1 sprig fresh rosemary
4 cups sugar
1 pouch LIQUID pectin (don't use powdered, it won't set, trust me... ;-) )
5-6 8-oz. canning jars
- In large, nonreactive pot or pan, combine sparkling wine, strawberries, and fresh rosemary. Crush the berries, bring mixture to a simmer, 10 minutes.
- Pour the mixture over a sieve covered with cheesecloth. Lightly push on the crushed berries with the back of a mixing spoon. Refrigerate for one hour to strain juice. You will need 3 cups of the juice. (You can leave rosemary in the juice for greater flavor, and remove at the time you put in jars, or you can take it out for less flavor)
- While the juice is straining, prepare your water canner. Sterilize lids and jars.
- Pour the champagne mixture back into the large pan, slowly stir in sugar, and bring to a rapid boil. Stir constantly, and when stirring no longer stops the boil, add the pectin. Boil for 2-3 more minutes.
- Quickly ladle jelly into jars, best to use a funnel for this step. Leave 1/2" headspace. Wipe rims with paper towel doused in hot water. Place on lids and bands.
- Boil in water canner for 10 minutes.
|My Best Donna Reed ;-)|